Edited by Joyce Chediac
Foreword by Ramsey Clark
This book documents Israel’s war crimes in the Gaza Strip and narrates how Gazans withstood siege and war, refusing to give up the right to choose their own government.
Gaza’s courage inspired a worldwide solidarity movement determined to break the blockade and deliver needed aid.
This book describes how the major world powers, especially the U.S., supported Israeli’s criminal blockade and bombing. And it explains why these governments acted in the face of popular opposition.
What makes this book special?
- It gives a comprehensive and lively narrative of the recent history of the Gaza Strip which does not assume previous knowledge.
- It provides hard facts from the U.N.’s Goldstone Report on Israel’s 2008-9 war on Gaza.
- It contains eyewitness testimony from participants in three Viva Palestina humanitarian convoys, which broke the blockade of Gaza and delivered aid.
- It reviews a history of African-American solidarity with Palestine.
- It explains why the Egyptian government enforces the Israeli blockade of Gaza while the Egyptian people oppose it.
- It gives voice to Palestinian forces censored out of the establishment media, including Hamas, and Palestinian activist groups who explain how best to support their cause.
- It incorporates statements from Jewish people who oppose the torture of Gaza, including Israeli soldiers who fought in Gaza, Israeli military resisters and Jews from the U.S.
- It gives the facts on why the giant U.S. media conglomerates won’t give the Palestinian people fair coverage and are actually tied in with arms makers who make huge profits off Israel’s aggression.